Open Access Policy
The Center for Science Innovation publishes under an open access license, which provides the following benefits:
- Everyone has free and unlimited access to articles in Chemistry and Materials.
- Authors may reuse and distribute published materials, even for commercial purposes, if they correctly cite the original publication.
- Various institutes and research funding agencies support open access publication by paying article processing charges (APCs) for accepted articles.
Authors may reuse all or part of the articles that The Center for Science Innovation publishes without special permission. This includes images, tables, data, and text. Authors may reuse any part of an article published under the CC BY open access license without permission if they correctly cite the original publication.
Advantages of open access
Publishing open access articles provides many benefit, including the following:
- Increased citation and usage. Open access increases the citation and usage of an article because people can freely access or download the article without paying a subscription fee. People are also more likely to search for articles published in open access journals in search engines and indexing databases.
- Increased interdisciplinary conversation. Greater visibility readership and encourages researchers to connect with each other.
- Wider collaboration. Open access publications enable researchers to promote collaborative research on a global scale.
- Greater impact. Permissive licenses, such as CC BY, offer more opportunities to reuse and develop research. Using the CC BY license, individuals and institutions can freely distribute, adapt, and develop work even for commercial purposes, if they correctly cite the original work.
- Faster publication. Articles accepted in Chemistry and Materials are usually available online, so they are published more quickly than articles in traditional print or subscription-based journals.